One serious sweet tooth plus fresh blueberries gave me these beautiful, vegan, blueberry almond crumble bars. So soft and delicious with the perfect amount of blueberry filling with hints of orange zest!
I am picky about my fruit desserts. I love soft but crumbly; fruity, but not too tart. Something a little more like this recipe right over here! I love that these bars are:
- Delicious. (Reference picture below: these make 12 bars but we had to dig in before I got to taking pictures!).
- Something you may finish right away (I won't judge you).
Key Ingredients for Vegan Blueberry Almond Crumble Bars:
- Almond Flour. I use blanched almond flour.
- Almond Butter. Why almond butter? It's no secret that I love using almond butter in my dessert recipes (Oat Cups with Almond Butter Chocolate, 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Brownies). Almond butter is high in protein, good fats, it also works great as a binding agent for baking (at least in my non-professional opinion :)). You can also make almond butter at home if you have fresh almonds! I also love how almond butter helps bind
- Blueberries. Fresh or frozen work really well. High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. Low in calories. Contain vitamin C and K.
- Orange Zest. Do NOT skip this! It gives it the perfect zing and makes such a difference in the taste of these bars!
Seriously, I can't wait for you to try these pretty little crumble bars. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other berry good recipes to try:
- Delicious Strawberry Crisp
- 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Berry Jam
- Blueberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Dip
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
Vegan Blueberry Almond Crumble Bars
Crumble Base and Topping:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries; fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prep the Blueberry Filling: In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, and cornstarch. Let it simmer, mixing occasionally, until thickened to a jelly like consistency.
- Prep Delicious Base and Crumble Topping: In a small bowl, mix almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Bake: Prepare a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper. Press two thirds of the crumble mixture at the bottom of the pan for the base. Add the blueberry filling on top of the base. Then, sprinkle on the remaining crumble mixture. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the crumble topping appears golden brown.
- Serve: Let the crumble set for about 30 minutes to form into bars. You're more than welcome to dig in right away or let the crumble set about 30 minutes (or chill for a couple of hours) to give you a bar formation.