I have been eating a lot of Mexican-inspired food lately and this Avocado Cilantro Dressing is the perfect limey and creamy addition to any meal. How many of you love to overload on dressing with salads, crackers, veggies, bowls, sandwiches, chips...basically anything?! This recipe is especially for all you dressing lovers during this time of social distancing!
The avocado cilantro dressing recipe is so quick and healthy that you can use on...well, everything. My favorite item to eat this dressing with is with a Black Bean and Mango Salad. I like to make extra and use it with my meal prep salads for the next couple of days as well (if Rajan and I don't inhale it all before I get to use it for the meals)!
Benefits of Avocados
- Contain heart healthy fats called monounsaturated fats
- Are a great source of potassium (MORE than a banana!), vitamin K, and folate
- Help absorb fat soluble vitamins and antioxidants
I grew up using cilantro in almost everything. Did you know some people have a gene that makes cilantro actually tastes like soap to them?! I feel bad for all the flavor they're missing out on. Here's what the benefits of cilantro are:
- Good source of vitamin A and even better source of vitamin K (My dad used to always tell us it was good for your eyes...now I know why!)
- Many studies mention a decrease in pain and inflammation
- Great for digestion
How to Make Cilantro Avocado Dressing:
- Avocado for the creaminess.
- Greek yogurt for even more creaminess PLUS a boost of protein (use soy yogurt to make it vegan).
- Cilantro and garlic for a kick of flavor.
- Lime for the tart.
All you need to do is add these ingredients to a good food processor to blend it up and drizzle (or pour!) it onto anything you want!
Let me know if you tried this avocado cilantro dressing in the comments! I hope you love it!
If you loved this Avocado Cilantro Dressing recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe for my weekly emails so you never miss a new recipe!
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt; adjust to your taste
- black pepper; to taste
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt; non fat
- ⅓ cup water; adjust to your preferred consistency*
- squeeze of lime
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, cilantro, garlic, salt, black pepper, greek yogurt, lime, and water. Blend well until creamy.
- Add more water and adjust it to your preferred consistency.
- Drizzle it on top of salads, a grain bowl, or use it as a dip.
- Start with ⅓ cup of water and add more to your desired consistency.
- If you prefer less of a tangy taste, use regular yogurt or omit the lime.
- Make it vegan by using soy yogurt!