Hello! I'm back! Incase you missed my Instagram post, here's what exciting news I have to share with you:
Since I've been back from battling an awful long road of morning sickness, I have been eating a lot of Mexican food and this Easy Avocado Cilantro Dressing is the perfect limey and creamy addition to any meal. How many of you love to overload on dressing with salads, crackers, veggies, bowls, sandwiches, chips...basically anything?! This recipe is especially for all you dressing lovers during this time of social distancing!
The dressing is so quick and healthy that you can use on...well, everything. My favorite item to eat this dressing with is with a black bean rice bowl (coming soon!). I like to make extra and use it with my meal prep salads for the next couple of days as well (if Rajan and I don't inhale it all before I get to use it for the meals)!
But first, let's just take a moment to admire these beautiful HOMEGROWN limes. My in laws grow the best limes in their backyard (I call it the Gadhia Garden)...they're so beautiful and FULL of juice.
Here's why avocados are so great for you:
- Contain heart healthy fats called monounsaturated fats
- Are a great source of potassium (MORE than a banana!), vitamin K, and folate
- Help absorb fat soluble vitamins and antioxidants
I grew up using cilantro in almost everything. Did you know some people have a gene that makes cilantro actually tastes like soap to them?! I feel bad for all the flavor they're missing out on. Here's what the benefits of cilantro are:
- Good source of vitamin A and even better source of vitamin K (My dad used to always tell us it was good for your eyes...now I know why!)
- Many studies mention a decrease in pain and inflammation
- Great for digestion
So let's make this dressing already! Here's what you'll use for your Easy Avocado Cilantro Dressing:
- An avocado for the creaminess
- Greek yogurt for even more creaminess PLUS a boost of protein (use soy yogurt to make it vegan)
- Cilantro and garlic for a kick of flavor
- Lime for the tart
All you need to do is add these to a food processor to blend it up and drizzle (or pour!) it onto anything you want!
Let me know if you tried this dressing in the comments! I hope you love it! AVO good day and please stay at home and stay healthy!!
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt; adjust to your taste
- black pepper; to taste
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt; non fat
- ⅓ cup water; adjust to your preferred consistency*
- squeeze of lime
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend it all together.
- Pour on top of ANY desired dish!
- Start with ⅓ cup of water and add more to your desired consistency.
- If you prefer less of a tangy taste, use regular yogurt or omit the lime.
- Make it vegan by using soy yogurt!