I'm to the point in this stay-at-home mom life where I'm ready to just carb load with a cozy, warm bowl of pasta by the end of the day. But still, figure out a way to carb load with a pasta that is so easy to make with a little bit of nutrition...hello Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta!
For a Successful Vegan Alfredo Pasta
Add everything for your vegan alfredo sauce in a high-quality blender (like this one), saute some of your favorite veggies, and throw it all together with cooked pasta. Who doesn't love a meal with blended ingredients? This vegan pasta dish is seriously so easy to make.
Not vegan or don't want a vegan recipe? Try the Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Pasta Recipe instead!
- For the Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- Cashews. I use raw, unsalted cashews. This is the base of the sauce. This really gives the sauce a rich creamy texture that we all want from an alfredo.
- Nutritional Yeast. Nutritional yeast is a complete protein (has all 9 essential amino acids) and a great source B vitamins, especially B12. A great addition to your foods for vegans and vegetarians!
- Garlic, Black Pepper & Salt. This really gives the sauce its flavor! Always use fresh garlic if you have it available.
- Vegetable Broth. I always have low sodium on had, however, if you don't just taste test before adding the salt. If you don't have vegetable broth, you're welcome to use water, although this will make it slightly less flavorful.
- For the Dish:
- Pasta. In this dish, I used rigatoni pasta. Another favorite of my family is farfalle pasta.
- Vegetables. I used mushrooms, onion, broccoli, and spinach. This dish is versatile so feel free to add your favorite vegetables! Other vegetables I can suggest are peas, asparagus, onions, or bell peppers.
- Additional Add-Ins. Truffle oil is a great addition to the dish. You can either blend it into the sauce or drizzle it on at the end.
📖 Step By Step
- If you haven't already, soak your cashews in hot water for about 30 minutes. This gives your sauce a smooth and creamy texture and is guaranteed to blend the cashews well!
- Add the vegan alfredo sauce ingredients into a high-quality blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You can add more broth or water if needed at this time or later in the cooking process to get your desired consistency.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set it aside. I used rigatoni pasta, however, I have made this dish with any pasta I had on hand and it tasted delicious!
- Use a large pan to saute the garlic and vegetables in oil. Cook until soft.
- Add the cooked pasta, then add the Vegan Alfredo Sauce. If you'd like, you can add more broth to get it to your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. The pasta thickens as it sits and loses the creamy consistency. If you are making this for later, I suggest either adding the sauce at the end before serving. If you have already added the sauce and want to serve it later, add a tablespoon of vegetable broth or water at a time while reheating.
🍴 More Vegetarian Pasta Recipes
- Vegetable Pasta with Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts
- Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Pasta
- Spaghetti with Avocado Spinach Pesto
- Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
If you loved this Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe for my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta
For the Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cups cashews; soaked in hot water for at least 30 mins
- 2 tsps sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth, or water
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the Pasta:
- 8 oz pasta; I used rigatoni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florets
For the Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- If you haven't already, soak your cashews in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, sea salt, nutritional yeast, vegetable broth, and black pepper into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
For the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Saute the garlic and vegetables. Cook until soft.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables, then add the sauce. Combine well. Add more vegetable broth at this time if you would like your sauce slightly creamier.
- Serve immediately.
- The pasta thickens as it sits and loses the creamy consistency. If you are making this for later, I suggest either adding the sauce at the end before serving. If you have already added the sauce and want to serve later, adding a tablespoon of vegetable broth or water at a time while reheating.
- If your sauce gets too liquidy, just continue to simmer the pasta until it boils down to your preference.
I never would’ve thought to use cashews! So delicious and much healthier! Love this recipie.
Great way to get in more good fats! Thank you so much!
One of my favorite pasta dishes. Would never have known it was vegan!
Sooo yummy! Even for cheese-lover like me. Definitely make sure you soak your cashews like it says in the recipe to get that smooth texture. This is going on my meal prep list for sure.
Thank you! Yes soaking the cashews makes all the difference!
Great recipe! Quick, easy, and delicious for the fam.
Thank you so much!