Beetroot Hummus with roasted beets, chickpeas, lemon, and blended to creamy goodness!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 small roasted beet *You may use canned beets also. I roasted mine the day before and it worked great (See notes).
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.); low sodium, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt; to taste
- 1/4 cup water *more as needed until desired consistency
- Optional toppings: parsley, olive oil, pine nuts, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds for garnish
Place roasted beet, garlic, chick peas, lemon, cumin, water, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth consistency.
Add additional water as desired until you reach your desired consistency. Use the last tablespoon of olive oil to drizzle on top.
Add your preferred garnishes and you're ready to serve!
- To roast the beets:
- preheat oven to 400°F, and wrap your beets in foil. Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take your beets out of the oven and let cool. The beets should be soft and the peel should slide right off.
- Serve with vegetables, on a sandwich, or even with your favorite falafels!
Keywords: Party, Vegan, Vegetarian