Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
This crispy cauliflower coated in a rice flour batter and made with a savory, sticky sauce.
Servings: 4 people
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil sesame or olive oil works great
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ cup cold water
For the Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Cauliflower:
Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
In a medium bowl, mix cold water and corn starch until smooth without any lumps.
Add in garlic, rice flour, and salt to the bowl and whisk together until smooth. The batter should be the consistency of a thick paste. Add more rice flour if needed.
Mix cauliflower florets into the batter.
Roast the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15-20 mins. Flip florets and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
For the Sauce:
Heat the oil in a small pan. Add ginger and garlic. The add soy sauce brown sugar, and vinager.
Mix together cornstarch and cold water and add to the sauce. Let it simmer for 1 minute until it starts to thicken. Be careful not to over cook.
- Cut the cauliflower pieces smaller if you want them extra crispy!
- The sauciness of the dish depends on the size of your cauliflower and your preference. If you want to make your cauliflower more saucy, add an extra 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- If you feel like you overcooked the sauce, just add some warm water to it and stir until no longer lumpy.
Keywords: Cauliflower, Party, Quick, Vegan