5-Minute Sweet Tamarind Chutney
Sweet and tangy chutney to serve with your Indian appetizers made with tamarind concentrate and dates!
Yield: 1 Cups
- 1 cup dates pitted, soaked*
- 2 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriandar powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder, optional
Pulse the dates, water, and tamarind concentrate in a food processor until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and add brown sugar, cumin powder, coriandar powder, ginger powder, salt, himalayan salt and mix well.
Add more water to your desired consistency.
Serve with your favorite Indian dishes at room temperature or cold!
- *Optional: Soak dates for a 5-10 minutes in hot water to soften. This will give you a finer texture when you blend.
- Freeze any leftovers in silicone ice cube trays and transfer frozen cubes to a container. Thaw the day before in the refrigerator.
- Start with ⅔ cups water and work your way up to your desired consistency.