5 Minute Cilantro Chutney (Green Chutney Recipe)
Green chutney full of freshness with cilantro, bursting with flavor from ginger, garlic, and lime, spicy with green chili peppers, and added texture with peanuts.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bunch cilantro (~2-3 cups packed with stems) washed
- ½ cup peanuts, unsalted, not roasted
- 1 small green chili pepper, optional
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 inches ginger (~3 tablespoons grated*)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar + more to taste
- 1 juice of lime
- ½ tablespoon salt + more to taste
- ⅓ cup water, use more as needed
- Ginger packs a lot of heat. If you prefer yours milder, use only 1 inch (or 1 tablespoon of ginger).
- Start with 1 pepper and add more according to your spice tolerance.
- Start with ⅓ cup water and work your way up from there until desired consistency.
- Cilantro bunches come in different sizes so adjust the flavors according to your tastebuds!
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg