Miso Avocado Toast with Chickpeas
Add a twist to your basic avocado toast! It makes a delicious breakfast, snack or light meal and with only 6 ingredients!
Servings: 2 people
- 2-4 slices bread of choice, I used sourdough
- 1 ripe avocado,
- ⅓ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- black pepper, to taste
- optional garnishes, see notes
In a small bowl, add avocado and chickpeas. Mash with a fork.
Add in miso and lemon juice.
Toast the bread to your liking. Take a scoop of the avocado mixture and spread evenly on toasted bread.
Top with black pepper and garnishes of your choice!
- Garnish ideas: black sesame seeds, crushed pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cilantro, sriracha, or bean sprouts. Right now, I have been loving black sesame seeds and crushed pumpkin seeds on mine!
- Storage Suggestions: you can cover and refrigerate any leftover avocado mixture for 1-2 days. The lemon will help the mixture from turning brown. Just top it onto fresh toast when you're ready!
Keywords: Avocado, Miso, Toast