Edamame Truffle Dumplings
Edamame Truffle Dumplings - filled with miso, garlic, ginger, edamame, and truffle oil!
Servings: 4 people
For the dumplings
- 24 wonton wrappers, egg-free if making vegan
- 1 ½ cup edamame, shelled, frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- ⅓ cup scallions
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce; low sodium
- 2 tablespoon white miso paste
For the broth
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth; use more as needed
- 1 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce; optional for additional flavor in the broth
- black sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the edamame for approximately 5 minutes then drain water.
Add the edamame, garlic, ginger, scallions, truffle oil, white miso, and soy sauce in a food processor and blend it until paste is formed.
Scoop about a teaspoon into each wonton wrapper.
Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper and fold two corners together to make a triangle. You can cut the edges of the wrapper if you have a lot of extra left on the sides. I like to air fry these afterwards to make wonton chips.
Bring a large pot of vegetable broth to a boil.
Place the filled dumplings in the boiling broth 2-3 at a time (depending on the size of your pot) and cook for 3-4 minutes until the dumpling is translucent or floating at the top.
After removing the dumplings, cover to keep warm while cooking the rest of the batch.
Once all the dumplings are completed, top with more broth. Optionally you can drizzle some more truffle oil and soy sauce if you'd like. Serve immediately with some cilantro, extra edamame, scallions, or sesame seeds!
- If truffle oil is not feasible or handy, just use olive oil to have tasty edamame dumplings.
- Use more broth as needed while cooking your dumplings.
- I didn't add the soy sauce to the broth as I didn't feel I needed it. However, if you want more flavor, you can include it!
- If you don't have low sodium soy sauce, I recommend decreasing the amount of miso to 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly as it can get too salty. Then adjust to your taste preference.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1223mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 5mg