The Perfect Peanut Sauce
Smooth, creamy, combo of sweet and savory, gingery, garlicky goodness - this is what you call the perfect peanut sauce!
Servings: 1 Cup
- ½ cup peanut butter, I used unsweetened and unsalted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger or 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup water; add more 1 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency
Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add additional water as needed based on your desired consistency. (See notes).
- If you make the peanut sauce in advance, it will thicken in the fridge so adjust it with water by adding 1 tablespoon at a time to reach your desired consistency.
- I used unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter. If you are using a sweetened and salted peanut butter start with 3 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and adjust according to your taste.
- I have tried this with regular vinegar and apple cider vinegar. I found regular vinegar to be way too harsh. If you don’t have rice vinegar, i recommend substituting with apple cider vinegar.
- Keeps for about 1 week in the fridge.
Keywords: Dips, Dressing, Meal Prep