3-Ingredient Chia Seed Berry Jam
This 3-ingredient chia seed berry jam is perfect to top with your next snack. All you need is berries and chia seeds! Vegan.
Yield: 1 Cup
- 2 cups berries of choice (I used blueberries and strawberries); fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup; depending on the sweetness of your berries
In a small pan, heat the berries on medium-high heat until they start to bubble.
Mash the berries to your desired consistency.
Add the chia seeds and orange juice and stir. If you prefer the maple syrup, add it in at this time.
Let the mixture cool on the stove (about 5-10 minutes). You can use it immediately or store it in the fridge to eat it cold.
Top it on some toast, granola, greek yogurt, pancakes, bagels, waffles, or even on a smoothie bowl!
- If you want a finer texture for the jam, grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder.
- If you don't like the berry chunks, grind the berries before adding the chia seeds.
- Other flavor options: vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg.