Tempeh Salad with Miso Ginger Sauce
Ramp up your salad with marinated tempeh, fresh vegetables for the salad, and a flavorful miso ginger sauce.
For the Tempeh:
- 2 cloves garlic; chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil; (I used olive oil)
- 1 package tempeh; 6 oz
For the Miso Ginger Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste; or crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 juice of a small lime
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water (add more for desired consistency)
- 1 stalk celery; chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup spinach; chopped
- ½ cup green onion; chopped
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
For the Tempeh:
In a medium container, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and oil.
Cut the tempeh into 1 inch triangles and place them in the container with the marinade. Make sure the tempeh is well coated.
Marinate for 4-24 hours (the longer the better!). Rotate once or twice while marinating to make sure all sides get well coated.
Once marinated, set oven to 375°F.
Place tempeh on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
Optional: add an extra tablespoon of soy sauce to the remaining marinade and drizzle over the tempeh. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
For the Sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk together miso, ginger, tahini, maple syrup, lime, and black pepper until well combined.
Put it all together:
Put together your salad option in a large salad bowl or your meal prep containers.
Add the baked tempeh and drizzle with some (or a lot!) of the miso ginger sauce. If you are meal prepping, keep these separate and add to the salad when you are ready to eat!
- This is a great meal prep dish! You can make the dressing and tempeh in advance and just add it to your salad option when you're ready to eat.
- If you make the sauce in advance, it may thicken so add water until you reach your desired consistency.