Churros Energy Bites
Churros energy bites made with walnuts, almond butter, oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetened with maple syrup. Coated with cinnamon sugar and chocolate cinnamon sugar to give it the perfect churros flavors!
Servings: 16 Bites
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon raw cane sugar
For the Chocolate Cinnamon Coating:
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon raw cane sugar
For the Bites:
Blend walnuts and rolled oats in a food processor until powder-like in consistency.
Add the almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the food processor and blend until smooth.
Take a tablespoon and scoop out the mixture. Roll into balls and set aside for coating.
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
In a small bowl or plate, mix together the cinnamon and raw sugar.
Roll half the bites (about 8) in the cinnamon sugar until coated well.
For the Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
Mix the cocoa powder and raw cane sugar with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
Roll the rest of the bites until well coated.
Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for snacking on later!
- This made about 16 bites for me (after a few tastes here and there :) )
- You can do all the bites with just one coating or both. Whichever you prefer!
- For the chocolate cinnamon coating, I used the remaining cinnamon sugar topping and added cocoa powder and an extra 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
Keywords: Meal Prep, Party, Quick, Vegan