Transform your fall dinner game with this delicious and easy vegan Corn Curry. Made with creamy coconut milk and packed with nutty, spiced flavors, this dish is a must-try for any feast, big or small. Inspired by a traditional Gujarati recipe, this quick and flavorful version will impress your family and friends.
My family loves adding corn to recipes. So naturally, we make an Indian-flavored dish out of it. This sweet corn curry is inspired by a common Gujarati recipe that is made with corn on the cob but of course, I like the quick and easy version of things. I actually forgot about how good it was until recently when I made a vegan version of it!
For added nutrients, throw in seasonal veggies like carrots and bell peppers, and top it off with crunchy crushed peanuts. The best part? This versatile dish can be served with roti, rice, frozen Kawan parathas, naan, or on its own. Trust me, this corn curry, also known as corn sabji or makai nu shaak, is just as delicious in every way!
Ingredients for Corn Curry
- Some frozen sweet corn, thawed.
- Onions, garlic, and tomatoes - canned tomato sauce works great as well.
- Some extra veggies for added nutrients - I used carrots and bell peppers but any seasonal vegetables will work great!
- Some seeds and spices - I used mustard seeds and cumin for the seeds and garam masala for the spice mix.
- Crushed peanuts for some crunch.
- Coconut milk to add some creamy goodness.
Simply simmer all ingredients together for a creamy, gravy-like consistency. And voila, a delicious and satisfying meal is ready to be served! Try out the Vegetable Samosa Puffs or the Phyllo Chaat Cups as appetizers to go with this dish!
Don't just take my word for it, share this recipe with your loved ones and let me know how it turned out in the comments!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Chana Masala Recipe
- Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta
- Vegan Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
- Vegan Pad Thai with Marinated Tofu
- Paneer Tikka Recipe
- Tofu Poke Bowl
If you loved this Corn Curry recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe to my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt *or to taste
- ⅓ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk, light
- ½ juice of lime
- cilantro, to garnish
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds until they start popping.
- Add onion and garlic and stir until translucent.
- Add crushed tomato and sauté for 1-2 minutes until consistency becomes gravy-like.
- Add the carrots and cook until slightly softened then add the bell peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, garnish with cilantro, and serve warm with rice, tortillas, bread, or naan!