This Healthy Everyday Berry Smoothie is something I'm drinking...well, every day. Smoothies are so versatile and such a great way to blend up all the good for you stuff in a cold, refreshing drink. They also keep you full for longer with all the added fiber. I love drinking this with a peanut butter whole wheat toast or top a slice of the toast with my chia seed jam...because why not add more berries to your day?!
What to include in this smoothie:
- Blueberries, sometimes I use blueberries and strawberries. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Handful of spinach
- Almond butter
- Milk of choice (I use skim milk)
- Ground flax seed
Tips to prep your smoothie in advance:
I've learned that prepping smoothies in advance saves a lot of time. Add all the ingredients except the almond butter and milk in individual ziplock bags or reusable bags and place it in the freezer. When you're ready to make the smoothie, just remove one bag at a time, add the almond butter and milk, and blend it all up! I've like a little more liquid when I prep these in advance so you can opt to use more milk or add water. OR just eat it as a smoothie bowl and top it with nuts, seeds, or extra fruits!
You'll notice the banana makes this smoothie sweet so I don't add any additional sweetener. If you'd like your smoothie to be sweeter, some recommendations that are adding 1/2 a banana or dates.
Hope you enjoy find this smoothie to be your new Healthy Everyday Berry Smoothie too!
Healthy Everyday Berry Smoothie
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, use your favorite dairy-free milk to make vegan
- Take all of the ingredients and place them in a blender until smooth.
- Enjoy alone or with your favorite breakfast items!
- To prepare in advance, add all the ingredients except the almond butter and milk in individual ziplock bags or reusable bags and place it in the freezer. When you're ready to blend, add the almond butter and milk and blend it all together.
- When I prep the bags in advance, I've noticed I like a little more liquid due to the frozen banana. You can skip the extra liquid and make it into a smoothie bowl by adding your favorite toppings!