Put together this spicy Jalapeño Corn Dip and refrigerate for the easiest and tastiest appetizer! The perfect amount of spice and creaminess. Serve at your next get together as everyone's future favorite appetizer.
I love dips and sauces, whether it's my Blueberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Dip, The Perfect Peanut Sauce, Green Chile Queso Sauce...I could keep going! But what I really love is a dip where you can throw the ingredients in a bowl and just dig in just like this corn dip recipe.
Corn Dip recipes have crown quite popular over the last year. There are a lot of hot and cold corn dip recipes out there! I prefer to have mine with a little flavor and spice! One of my corn dip recipes is still my Vegan Esquites (Mexican Street Corn Salad) recipe!
This is a cold corn dip with cream cheese, sour cream, and without mayonnaise.
Ingredients for Corn Dip
- Canned Corn. I used canned corn without added salt.
- Canned Diced Green Chiles. I also used a can of diced green chiles.
- Pickled jalapeños for a little more tang and heat. I like to use Tamed Mezzetta Jalapeños.
- Bell Peppers. I like to add bell peppers for an extra crunch. I used red bell peppers in mine but you can use any you have on hand!
- The dairy. Cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese. For the cream cheese, I set it out on the counter for 15-20 minutes to soften it for easier mixing. You can always use a mixer to combine the cream cheese well. For the cheese, I used Costco's Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese. I felt like this gave it the best flavor. If you prefer a chunkier cheese, I recommend using this Tillamook Cheese.
- Herbs and Spices.
- Garlic, because it always adds more flavor to your savory dishes.
- Cilantro and green onions: I like to chop these finely so it mixes in well with the dip and save some for garnishing!
Tips and Variations
- I recommend chilling for at least 2 hours so the cream cheese and sour cream set well. However, I like to make mine ahead the night before if using in the morning or the morning of if using in the evening so the flavors REALLY soak in!
- This IS a jalapeño corn dip so it will be slightly spicy but if you prefer yours less spicy, you can always use half or omit the jalapeño. If you prefer more spice, add in another jalapeño!
- Many corn dips use mayonnaise, however I did not use it in my recipe since many who are vegetarian are also lactovegetarian.
- Serve this cold with some chips or crackers. You can also eat it with a slice of toasted bread as a snack!
Other Easy Appetizers Recipes
- Cherry Tomato Bruschetta Appetizer
- Fresh Mango Salsa
- Corn Chaat with Peanuts
- Vegan Esquites (Mexican Street Corn Salad)
- Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart
- Blueberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Dip
If you loved this Jalapeño Corn Dip Recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe for my weekly emails so you never miss a new recipe!
Jalapeño Corn Dip
- 2 cans corn, drained, 15.25 oz
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used shredded Mexican Blend
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup pickled jalapeños, roughly chopped
- salt, if desired
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add corn, bell peppers, jalapeño, garlic, green onions, cilantro, cheese, green chiles, and pickled jalapeños (and salt if using). Combine thouroughly until all ingredients are mixed well.
- In a serving tray or a baking dish of your choice (I used an 11 x 7 tray), pour your corn dip and spread evenly. Top with additional cilantro, jalapeños, cheese, or green onions if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is better for additional flavor. Serve cold with chips, pita bread, or crackers.
- If you prefer less spicy, decrease the jalapeño quantity. If you prefer more spicy, add an extra jalapeño.
- Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Very nice and convenient
We had a last minute pool party and I was able to put this together so fast. It was such a hit-everyone loved it!
So happy to hear everyone loved it! Thank you for the feedback!
Was craving something with corn and tried out your recipe. It was so delicious!!!
Creamy, spicy goodness in this jalapeno corn dip. It's a perfect appetizer for a party or game day.
Fantastic corn dip! I love making something similar before dinner, so this recipe is definitely on my to-do list now.
This dip is so simple and delicious! I made it for a games night with friends this past weekend and it disappeared.
One of my favorite dips to make and take to a summer time gathering. Perfect for a cookout and goes great with everything.