One of my favorite fruits combined with one of my favorite condiments: mango and salsa! If the best flavors had a dance party together, it would be titled: Mango Salsa. The perfect summer snack, appetizer, or side.
Refreshing, sweet, and tangy fresh mango salsa! Add it to tacos, eat it as a dip with pita, crackers, or chips. This is the perfect dish to make in as little as 10 minutes. This salsa is vegan and made with only 7 ingredients. It's something I love to make when mangos are in season and when I have guests over!
- Mangos. I used ataulfo mangos. These have worked the best for me while they're in season.
- Red onions.
- Pickled jalapeños- I use Mezzetta slices but you can use fresh jalapeños as well! If you use fresh, add juice of one lime with your recipe.
- Red bell peppers.
- Ground Cumin. I get this from the Indian grocery stores or my Mom makes it for me fresh. However, you can buy it online as well!
- Cilantro to garnish.
The easiest way to make fresh mango salsa is to add the red onions, jalapeños, red bell peppers, and garlic to a chopper like this one or hand dice everything. Peel and dice the mangos. Then add salt and ground cumin. Garnish with cilantro and serve cold!
💭 Top Tips
- Making the mango salsa in advance really helps the flavors really settle in. If I’m using this in the evening, I like to prep in the morning. I suggest giving prepping at least one hour if you have the time.
- Chop the ingredients smaller so you get the perfect salsa bites
- If you don’t have ground cumin, you can use taco seasoning. Adjust the salt since taco seasoning generally includes salt.
🍴 More Recipe Ideas
- Crumbled Tempeh Quesadillas
- Vegetarian Mexican Casserole
- Vegan Esquites (Mexican Street Corn Salad)
- Black Bean and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing
If you liked what you saw here, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe for my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
Fresh Mango Salsa
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño diced, see notes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ripe mango diced, I used ataulfo mangos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- cilantro to garnish
- In a small bowl, add the diced red onion, red bell pepper, pickled jalapeño, garlic, and mango. Combine well.
- Season with cumin and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately or keep refrigerated until time to serve! Serve with chips, crackers, or add to your favorite dish!
- If using a fresh jalapeño, add juice of one lime.
- I prefer to make this in advance and refrigerate so the flavors set in but it still tastes great if serving immediately!
- STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: I rarely have any leftovers! It tastes best fresh, however, if you do have leftovers, you can store the salsa covered in the refrigerator 3-4 days.