It's strawberry season...so we make a delicious strawberry crisp recipe right?! Here in Texas, strawberry season ranges from late February to May.
Beautiful strawberries. Sometimes we get a little too excited about how pretty strawberries are and buy too many. That's why I love making an easy, yummy, delicious fresh Strawberry Crisp dessert out of them. SO GOOD.
You need to make it. Like today. It's extremely easy and I'm sure you have all the ingredients! I have made this crisp using mangos (just add a little less sweetness to the mix), mixed berries, blueberries...whatever is in season! Frozen berries work wonderfully too!
This Strawberry Crisp is:
- PACKED with vitamin C.
- DELICIOUS (as the title states).
- Something you may finish right away (I won't judge you).
- Even more amazing with ice cream, whipped cream....or even chocolate syrup?! 🙂
- First, cut the strawberries in quarters in a baking dish.
- Then, sprinkle cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla powder (or extract), and some orange juice (or lemon juice), and mix it up
- Then you make the oat crisp mixture with some oats, cinnamon, wheat flour, salt, maple syrup, and coconut oil (GOOD LUCK not eating this right away).
- Sprinkle it over the strawberries and bake it!
- After that, you can just serve it warm either alone or with some ice cream 🙂
Other things you can include in the crisp mix are some pecans, coconut flakes, and pumpkin seeds...get creative! Strawberry desserts are truly the best summer dessert recipes!
Other Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Vegan Blueberry Almond Crumble Bars
- 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Brownies
- Apple Pie Bites
Delicious Strawberry Crisp
For The Berries
- 4 cups strawberries; quartered
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder; or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice; or lemon juice
For The Crisp
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup; *Use 1 extra tablespoon for a little extra sweetness as desired
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil; not melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix your berries, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla, and orange juice in a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add your oats, cinnamon, wheat flour, coconut oil, and salt. For the maple syrup, add 3 tablespoon first, then taste. Add another tablespoon to your preferred sweetness. Mix by hand or with a spoon until crumbly consistency.
- Place your crisp on top of the berries in the baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the berries are bubbling and your crisp is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy 🙂
- You can use any berries that are in season! You can also use frozen berries as well. I have made this with frozen blueberries and it turns out great.