Strawberry season is finally here, and what better way to celebrate than with a scrumptious strawberry crisp recipe? As a Texan, I know firsthand that our strawberry season runs from late February to May, so it's the perfect time to indulge in strawberry recipes.
Juicy, plump strawberries are always a feast for the eyes, but sometimes we can't resist buying more than we need. That's where this easy, mouthwatering Strawberry Crisp comes in. Trust me, it's worth it. Beautiful strawberries to easy strawberry desserts. Sometimes we get a little too excited about how pretty strawberries are and buy too many. So if you're the same way and don't know what to do with strawberries, make a strawberry crisp out of them! SO GOOD.
This crisp is incredibly simple to whip up, and chances are you already have all the necessary ingredients in your pantry. And the best part? You can customize it with different fruits depending on what's in season. Personally, I've tried it with mango (just go light on the sweetness), mixed berries, and blueberries…the possibilities are endless. More importantly, if your strawberries aren't in season but you're craving a strawberry dessert, frozen berries work just as well, too!
Why You'll Love This Strawberry Crisp
- PACKED with vitamin C.
- DELICIOUS (as the title states).
- Something you may finish right away (I won't judge you).
- Even more amazing with ice cream (this Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream is a favorite!), whipped cream....or even chocolate syrup?! 🙂
- First, cut the strawberries into quarters in a baking dish.
- Then, sprinkle cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla powder (or extract), and some orange juice (or lemon juice), and mix it up
- Then you make the oat crisp mixture with some oats, cinnamon, wheat flour, salt, maple syrup, and coconut oil (GOOD LUCK not eating this right away).
- Last, sprinkle it over the strawberries and bake it!
- After that, you can just serve it warm either alone or with some ice cream 🙂
Also, if you're feeling adventurous, add some pecans, coconut flakes, or pumpkin seeds to the mix. Get creative with your toppings and take your strawberry crisp to the next level. Trust me, it's the perfect way to enjoy the best summer dessert recipes!
Other Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Vegan Blueberry Almond Crumble Bars
- 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Brownies
- Apple Pie Bites
If you loved this Strawberry Crisp recipe, please let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe to my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
Delicious Strawberry Crisp
For The Berries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix your berries, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla, and orange juice in a 9x9 baking dish.
- Place your crisp on top of the berries in the baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the berries are bubbling and your crisp is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy 🙂
- You can use any berries that are in season! You can also use frozen berries as well. I have made this with frozen blueberries and it turns out great.