We went to a cooking class a while back and the chef whipped up a delicious appetizer for us before we started the class: a blueberry balsamic cream cheese dip. It was so delicious. It's no secret that I love using blueberries in my recipes (like the blueberry chia seed pudding). So naturally, I needed to learn how to make this cream cheese dip immediately.
This dip is the perfect sweet and tangy appetizer served with crackers or some bruschettini. I love using these bruschettini toasts (affiliate link) with appetizer dips. You can find these at most grocery stores or on Amazon. The appetizer will go great even if you serve it with any of your favorite bread, pita chips, etc!
Here's how you make the Blueberry Cream Cheese Dip:
- Warm up some fresh or frozen blueberries. I used frozen since I always have them in my freezer.
- Add some rosemary for some herbed flavor. I used dried rosemary.
- Add balsamic vinegar to bring out the rich flavor of blueberries.
- Pour it over a slab of cream cheese and serve!
- This tastes great at room temperature but we have eaten this cold and it's also been wonderful
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart
- Vegetable Samosa Puffs
- Vegan Esquites (Mexican Street Corn Salad)
- Beetroot Hummus
- Phyllo Chaat Cups
If you loved this Blueberry Cream Cheese Dip recipe, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Subscribe to my weekly emails at the bottom so you never miss a new recipe!
Blueberry Balsamic Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 cup blueberries; frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary; dried or fresh
- 1 package cream cheese; 8 oz.
- 1 package crackers or mini toasts
- Heat a small saucepan and add blueberries, maple syrup, and rosemary.
- Let the mixture thicken and bubble for about 5 minutes then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Let the blueberry mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Remove cream cheese from package onto serving plate. Pour blueberry mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve warm or cooled with crackers of your choice!
- Add a little more maple syrup if you prefer yours to be sweeter.
- Other herbs that taste great with this recipe with are rubbed sage and thyme. Feel free to experiment and make it your own!