Why is apple pie just a holiday flavor and not a year round thing?? The smell of these delicious Apple Pie Bites reminds me of the holidays but I'm definitely making these year round. They're adorable little bite sized phyllo shells with an apple pie filling.
These Apple Pie Bites are:
- Quick & easy.
- Flavored with cinnamon and vanilla.
- Topped with pecans.
- Adorably bite-sized.
- Kid approved (omit the nuts for allergy or choking hazards).
How to make these Apple Pie Bites:
- Peel, core, and cube the apples.
- Crisp the phyllo shells in the oven for a few minutes. I use Athens Phyllo Shells. Then toast the pecans in the oven for about 5-7 minutes. **Optional: You can drizzle some maple syrup and cinnamon on the pecans before placing them in the oven for additional sweetness if you'd like.
- Heat a medium skillet and add apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, maple syrup, water, salt, vanilla, and cornstarch. Let the mixture thicken and cook until apples are soft. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In each phyllo shell, fill the apple pie mixture and top with pecans.
- You're ready to enjoy these apple pie filled bites immediately!
What if you don't have phyllo shells?
If you don't have access to phyllo shells, can't find them, or they aren't in your budget, I have used the filling as a dip with some pita chips or graham crackers and it tastes amazing!
These bites make a great appetizer, quick dessert, or even a fun snack! Good luck not eating them up right away!
Other bite-sized recipes you may love:
Apple Pie Bites
- 2 apples; I used honeycrisp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup water*
- 1 pack phyllo shells
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Peel, core, and dice apples.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a medium skillet and add apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, maple syrup, water, salt, vanilla, and cornstarch.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until water thickens in mixture and apples are soft. Let the mixture cool.
- Place phyllo shells in oven for 2-3 mins until crisp. Remove from oven.
- In a small sheet, bake pecans for 5-7 minutes until toasted.
- Optional: You can drizzle a tablespoon of maple syrup and about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon on the pecans before placing them in the oven for additional sweetness.
- In each shell, fill the apple pie mixture and top with pecans.
- Serve at room temperature.