Hello World! I’m Shweta, the voice and creator behind Share the Spice. I am excited to teach you how to incorporate nourishing vegetarian and vegan meals that are fun and full of flavor!
In late 2019, I started Share the Spice after a lot of encouragement from family and friends who I shared my recipes with. It was while working at a part-time job that didn’t match my love for food and nutrition that I decided to work towards making this blog a reality. Although it’s been a slow start, I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about the world of food blogging and sharing recipes with all of you. I am dedicated to growing this blog and sharing the best vegetarian and vegan meal ideas that are fun and full of flavor!
What you’ll find on Share the Spice:
A wide variety of recipes that are authentic to my Indian culture AND the food I’ve grown up experimenting with as a vegetarian growing up in West Texas. I was raised a lacto-vegetarian so all of my recipes are egg-free (my favorite being these chocolate chip cookies!) and many are vegan.
A convenient, modern-day approach.
We are all busy. We get even more busy once we start our families. I am a big advocate of making cooking easier and efficient. This looks like:
- Recipes that are easy to follow.
- Shortcuts by using efficient methods like the Instant Pot or Air Fryer.
- Giving you the confidence to cook on your own. Learning to know what you’re missing or need to add to taste perfectly according to your palate.
- Using only the essential tools and gadgets to keep mess limited and cooking efficient.
WHY nourishing recipes?
Chronic diseases are on the rise and they don’t have to be. One of the four main risk factors for chronic diseases is poor nutrition (check out this link). I care for you to be around and full of energy with your loved ones for as long as you can! With that said, keep in mind that food moderation is key, food deprivation is NOT.
With a background in nutrition and public health, my hope is to show you that healthy foods don’t have to be boring. My recipes include healthy ones, some indulgent ones, and many quick and convenient ones for busy families.
More about me:
- I'm a mom to two adorable humans, 6 and 3. Being a present mom comes first for me so this may explain delays in sharing new recipes with you!
- I was born in West Texas and now reside in Houston.
- I have a degree in Nutrition/Dietetics and a Masters in Public Health. After becoming a mom, I struggled to find the flexibility I wanted with a job I loved. So, I created my own (my blog)!
Here I am, with this virtual community, blogging about what I learn during my food adventures with you! I’m so grateful to be able to share this with y’all!
Join the newsletter fam for updates, new recipes, and exclusive freebies to your inbox before anyone else!